Senior graphic designer, Brand & Marketing, Vlisco Netherlands. 2013-12.2018
Vlisco designs, produces and distributes beautiful African wax printed fabrics for the West and Central African market
and African consumers in global metropolitan cities.
- Responsible for Vlisco brand consistency across all channels, internally and externally,
also across West and Central Africa
- Developed and maintained Vlisco brand manual
- Created toolkits for internal use to ensure consistent brand implementation
- Responsible for Vlisco Brand Portal (template system for local African markets
to create on-brand artwork)
- Monitored and created new templates for Vlisco Brand Portal
- Responsible for development and implementation of quarterly campaigns
and ‘Non-Seasonal’ artwork
- Lead and aligned graphic solutions with online and other internal departments.
- Responsible for Vlisco studio planning and managing visual work flow internally and externally
- Managed, motivated, inspired and lead freelancers to deliver high quality work, on time and in line with brand values / positioning
- Managed / controlled results from external parties involved in the visual marketing process
eg. printers, editors and external suppliers
- Created copy and briefs for seasonal and non-seasonal artworks
Self-employed / freelance / VKP design. 2004-2013
Branding, art direction, magazines, brochure / book design.
Freelanced for the following agencies/studios:
Weiden & Kennedy, Lava, BIS publishers, Design Politie, Mart. Warmerdam, Piet Schreuders, Def.,
Media Partners, Potato Pixels, MPG Design, PPGH JWT_artists, Land Design, Frissewind, Mountain design,
Studio m/v, Design Domain, Hemels Publishers.
Designer, Interbrand Zintzmeyer & Lux (global branding agency), Amsterdam 2004
Worked on several large-scale corporate branding projects – developing identities, toolkits and guidelines.
Designer, Lava (agency specialising in editorial design), Amsterdam 2003-2004
Creating identities, magazine layouts and book covers.
Junior designer, DW Design (corporate and editorial design agency), London 2000-2001
Worked in a small studio on corporate and book design.
Junior designer, Dorling Kindersley (multi-national publishing company), London 1999-2000
Worked in a team on a series of children’s books and cd-roms.
Masters in Communication Design (2001-2003) Central St. Martins School of Art and Design, London
Graphic design Foundation Course (1998-1999) Chelsea School of Art and Design, London
BA (Hons) Modern Languages French / Italian (1993-1997) Manchester University, Manchester